Neelkanth Ganju Murder Case Reopens After 30 Years: Long-Awaited Justice For Kashmiri Pandits

Neelkanth Ganju Murder Case Reopens After 30 Years: Long-Awaited Justice for Kashmiri Pandits, know what happened then?

Now Kashmiri Pandits will get justice as Justice Neelkanth Ganju’s murder case file opened after 3 decades.

In the case of the murder of Justice Neelkanth Ganju, which happened 30 years ago in Jammu and Kashmir, the investigation file has been opened once again.

According to the news, the State Investigation Agency (SIA) of the Jammu and Kashmir Police has started a fresh investigation from Monday to find out the larger conspiracy behind the murder.

After retirement, on November 4, 1989, Justice Ganju was shot dead by terrorists.

This incident was carried out because, in the year 1968, he had sentenced the leader of the Jammu and Kashmir Liberation Front, Maqbool Butt, to death.

This decision was given by Neelkanth Ganju in the case of the murder of Police Inspector Amar Chand in the year 1966.

During the riots that started against Kashmiri Pandits in the year 1989, the terrorists killed him. The decision given by him as a judge of the District Court was also accepted by the Supreme Court as correct.

In the year 1982, the death sentence awarded to Maqbool Butt was upheld. Butt was hanged in Delhi’s Tihar Jail in 1984 after the Supreme Court’s decision.

Now the State Investigation Agency (SIA) has appealed to the people that if they have any information related to the murder of Justice Neelkanth Ganju, they can contact them.

The identity of the informers will be kept secret. A phone number and email address have been made available for the people.

Arrest made in the 33-year-old case also.

The investigating agency of the Jammu and Kashmir Police had earlier made arrests after 33 years in a 1990 murder case.

Then unknown terrorists entered the house of Mirwaiz Mohammad Farooq in the Nigeen area of Srinagar and shot him dead.

The Jammu and Kashmir Police asserted that they had detained two suspects in the murder. According to the police, the accused has spent the last 30 years avoiding capture.

On May 21, 1990, Mirwaiz Farooq, the father of Hurriyat chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, was shot and killed.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Copyright © 2023 DNN All Rights Reserved